Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Damn, I'm Good
Stories have been passed on from computer to computer of a user so vile, so unfathomably evil, that a simple keystroke from this monster will bring even the most sophisticated system down to a crashing halt.

The newer systems merely dismiss this as an obsolete folktale. As obsolete as those computers who refuse to let go of the story. And it seemed to remain just an old folktale until that fateful Sunday morning in March.

Rumors sparked anew when a seemingly invincible system was struck down in an eerily similar manner told in the stories. Alas, the phantom user has indeed struck again. It claimed yet another unsuspecting young computer, so young that it was only one day of age. To make matters worse, the youngling was no ordinary piece of hardware. It was a platform revered in the computer world as "uncrashable:" The Apple iMac.

In her final breath before a mandatory reboot, the iMac uttered the name of her would-be assassin...

"Jin"

A few days later, a post from the prime suspect's blog had only one screenshot and these words of warning:

I make Macs Hang.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

(March 14, 2006 10:40 AM)
I'm completely speechless... your powers have grown stronger over the years, my former padawan. But do go over to the Light Side, my Jedi friend. We need you more than they do.

(March 15, 2006 1:28 PM)
daaaaammmmmn!!!

(March 15, 2006 1:41 PM)
that, my dear friends, is the Mac's Black Screen of Death.

but it looks less intimidating than the BSOD of its windows brethren.

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.