Tuesday, March 07, 2006
[RANT] On Choices and Their Consequences
Abortion has always been a subject that irks me. Now I know there are some legitimate cases that require abortion: health reasons, pregnancies due to incest or maybe rape. The latter two still have debates of their own. But I am fixated on those women who get abortion for the sole reason that they just don’t want a baby.

You hear countless pro-choice groups claiming it’s “my body, my choice.” Let me throw that back at them. Didn’t you have a choice to use contraceptives? Didn’t you have a choice to do the necessary precautions not to get pregnant? Unfortunately, it’s not solely your choice now. You have another human being inside of you, someone who also has a right to live.

What really gets on my nerves is how selfish the phrase my body, my choice is. I mean how self-absorbed can you get? Oh, I wasn’t planning on getting pregnant. So let’s kill the kid. He/she is not in my life plan right now. Fuck you. The whole damn lot of you. (Oh, wait. That’s what got you into this trouble in the first place, wasn’t it?) This kind of selfishness is one the root causes of the problems in this world. You’re all adults. You well know the risks of having sex. Hell, the main function is sex is to make babies! If you don’t want to have kids yet, DON’T HAVE SEX! If you still want to have sex, then get an operation to remove your ovaries! Or have your man get a vasectomy! Or be gay! I don’t care what you do! But so long as another life is growing inside of you, it’s not only your choice anymore! If you don’t want the kid, give it up for adoption!

Choice was it? It’s your choice? Well, wasn’t it also your choice to have sex? And you made that choice with the full-knowledge of the consequences, right? Now, if you didn’t even think about the consequences then you’re even a bigger idiot than I thought you were. Every choice we make has consequences. And what makes us bigger women (or men) is when we own up to those consequences. Abortion is the coward’s way out.

Go here to read the article that started this whole rant. That and the fact that I'm surrounded by pregnant women here in the office.

Labels:

2 Comments:

(March 09, 2006 1:05 PM)
I respect your opinion but since you dont have ovaries and you're never getting pregnant... you won't ever ever understand how it feels to be on the opposite side of the rope.

Chill!! :p

(March 09, 2006 4:35 PM)
[i removed my first comment, coz i feel like i just repeated most of what i said in the rant]

i be chllin' now. thanks for the comment by the way. i thought i scared everyone away. ^_^;

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.