Wednesday, August 27, 2008
My Technology Past
Obliging Tin with this entry. She posted this "Tech Survey" on her side of multiply and urged me to do the same. So, here are my answers:

Mobile Phones
First: Nokia (Yuck!) 5110. Back when texting was free and Nokia was the only viable brand.
Favorite: I've only had my new mobile for 4 days. Jury is still out if I'm totally in love with it. But I have got to say that my favorite phone so far is my Sony Ericsson z610i. [edit] Oh, who am I kidding, I {heart} my iPhone! ^_^
Current: Apple iPhone 16GB (White). Why, hello there. I'm an Apple Fanboy.

Handheld Consoles
First/Favorite/Current: Sony PlayStation Portable. Sad but true. I don't really count those "brick games" as hand held consoles. Never owned a Game & Watch either. My folks wouldn't buy me a Game Boy back in the day. Now that I'm earning, I'm buying all the crap my parents never got me when I was a kid.

Desktop PCs Macs!
First: XT Desktop PC with DOS I-forgot-what-version. Ah, the good old days of floppy disks. None of that fancy GUI bullcrap we have today. dir/s all the way, baby.
Current: iMac 24" Aluminum. 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM. 320GB HDD. ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB GDDR3 Memory. Running OSX 10.5 Leopard.
Dream Mac: A Mac Pro with maxed out specs with 2 30" Apple Cinema Displays and 3 Drobos. Ooh, I wet my pants.

Notebooks
First/Current: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo. 2GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM.
Dream Notebook: The high end 15" MacBookPro. The 17-incher is too unwieldy for me.

Game Consoles
First: Atari 2600. Played Kaboom! all day long until my brother plugged the thing into the 220v outlet and really went Kaboom!
Favorite: Sony PlayStation 3 60GB Launch unit. Blu-ray/UpscalingDVD player, HD & Online Gaming, DivX Player, and can playback all my old PS2 and PSOne games. Best of all, no Red Ring of Death.
Current: Nintendo Wii and a PS3.
First PC Game: Hmm, don't remember the first. But the first one I remember enjoying was Day of the Tentacle.
Favorite PC Mac Game: World of Warcraft. The Eater of Souls.
Last PC Mac Game Played: World of Warcraft. What part of "Eater of Souls" didn't you understand?
Palm or Pocket PC? iPhone.
Music Player of choice: Apple iPod 5G 80GB (White). The iPhone is a close second.
Aside from your mobile, PDA and laptop, What other gadget you can never be without? My SLR.

*Skipped the watch parts... don't care much about watches.

Ultimate Dream Gadget: The DeLorean Time Machine. 1.21 Jiggawatts!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.