Sunday, February 12, 2006
But... where's Johnny Depp??
I'm not a big fan a post-Lion King Disney. Everything else that followed that movie was either crap or mediocre. So when the first Disney-Square Enix game, Kingdom Hearts, was announced, I was extremely skeptical about the quality of the game. I mean, who would want to play a role-playing game where your partymates are Goofy and Donald Duck? But like many others, I was surprised and quickly became a fanboy.
(A quick background for you non-gaming geeks out there, Kingdom Hearts merged the worlds of various Disney Animated Movies with the Final Fantasy games and made an impressively cohesive game)

Most of the Disney voice actors reprised their roles of their respective Disney characters. The Final Fantasy cast had interesting voice choices (Mandy Moore as Aerith, thank God she didn't sing). They even got Haley Joel Osment to play the lead character.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that the game was so successful that they produced a sequel. What stirred up the fanboy in me even more was that they were not limiting the tie-ins to Disney's animated franchises! Now, not only can I play alongside Aladdin or Mulan, I'm playing with Capt. Jack-fucking-Sparrow and Tron!

They recently announced the voice actors who will work on the English version of the game. James Woods (Hades), Ming Na (Mulan) and Haley Joel Osment (Sora) are reprising their roles. New additions in the cast include Christopher Lee(!), Zach Braff reprising Chicken Little (yes, that little bastard is in the game), and Rachel Leigh Cook(!!!) playing Final Fantasy VII's Tifa.

Yes, I am gushing with fanboy excitement right now.
Kingdom Hearts 2 will be released for the PlayStation 2 in the US on March 28. It won't come soon enough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.