Saturday, December 09, 2006
New Toy
No, you won't see anything new there. What's new is the doohickey I used to take this photo with. Got myself a second hand Speedlite 420EX external flash for my SLR and I'm currently testing it out.

I've always hated using the built-in flash for my photos. Those of you know a thing or two about photography, you'll know how harsh direct flash it is on your subject. But these external ones can be redirected to have a more natural look, or perhaps even add a little more effect. It's always fun to get new attachments for SLR cameras, it makes them feel new again.

Here's another photo of my iMac. That's my work area at home. Fairly simple, really. I let the flash bounce of the ceiling for this shot. Notice the absence of glare on the screen. Now that I think about it, I've gloated about my iMac countless times but never posted a photo of it. Hmm, fancy that.

P.S. Yes, I cleaned up a bit for this last shot.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

(December 10, 2006 1:28 PM)
is that reflection real?
(and need i remind you that a clean desk is the sign of a sick mind?) :D

(December 10, 2006 4:16 PM)
reflection on the table? yep, that's real. i have one mad shiny varnished table.

sick mind? yep. all those years cleaning after windows made me unstable. >_<

(December 12, 2006 7:50 PM)
real reflection ha? ;-) hehehe =D

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.