Saturday, March 17, 2007
Stupid is As Stupid Breeds
After listening to part of the latest episode of TWiT, I became very interested with the film they were discussing, Idiocracy. While not Oscar worthy or even start-to-finish-laugh-your-head-off funny, it gives a downright frightening prospect of where humankind is heading.

The plot revolves around a very average (average intelligence, average everything) American soldier, played by Luke Wilson, chosen to be part of a suspended animation military experiment designed to preserve the world's brightest minds, best entrepreneurs, best whatever. But, like in many movies dealing with freezing someone, everything goes awry (my new favorite word of the month) and he ends up being frozen 499 years more than what was initially intended. He wakes up to a world where the number one TV show is a man getting pummeled in his nut sack repeatedly and the year's Academy Award winner for best picture is a 90+ minute movie of a farting ass and the global population has devolved into, well, idiots.

I can't help but think that we're halfway into this tragic future. With sites like YouTube giving access to morons to share their stupidity with the rest of their kind and Internet anonymity giving uneducated bloggers (ahem) their soapbox to take opinions they pulled conveniently out of their own assholes and post them as facts removing all accountability for being a half-wit.

Anyway, before this post becomes a full-blown rant, watch the film. Buy/rent the DVD or, if you're too cheap, torrent the motherfucker. Now excuse me, while I try to help keep intelligent people away from the endangered species list and procreate as much as I can. I suggest all of you smart people do the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:

(March 17, 2007 6:09 PM)
Humanity needs my genes. I knew this day would come.

(March 19, 2007 6:23 AM)
i can't fit into my jeans. =(

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.