Saturday, March 03, 2007
Getting Philosophical on Myself
I've been meaning to post this since it first came out, but it's somewhat fortunate that I didn't. Because Tatsuya Ishida has been on a roll. Now I must warn you, the following will be a tirade which will elicit a lot of "I-told-you-so's" and a couple of "Get-off-your-ass-already's." Basically, more of the same self-pitiful bullshit. So if you'd rather not get infuriated by my incessant whining, skip this post altogether.

I've always been plaguing myself with what-if's that I usually cower under my self-generated pressure. But there are days that I actually feel like doing something about it. But in the end, cowardice always wins out. Why am I keeping myself in this high school level, lovey-dovey torpe bullshit? It's so obvious that knowing you failed is hell of a lot better than torturing yourself on what-if's. (Although, to be fair, sometimes ignorance can prove to be blissful.)

But I have done it before! I have stepped out of my shell and told women (only 2 in actuality) how I honestly feel. (I don't really have to tell you the outcome of those incidents. Otherwise, I wouldn't be making this stupid post in the first place.) Is it really a matter of wrong time, wrong place? Or is it really (my favorite consolation phrase) the wrong girl? Or, as Mr. Ishida so bluntly puts it, am I really just in love with an "Idea?" Well, that was my excuse for moving on from the first girl I really liked. People change. She changed. And I was in love with the idea of her in high school. She was a sharp one. Because she knew that my infatuation clouded my vision from seeing the real her. Maybe it was the same with Girl#2. This one nipped things at the bud before things got too far. Can't really say that I'm thankful for her doing that. But I really have to learn to that it was for my own good and take it like a man. I don't have to like what transpired but it did. What am I gonna do? Blame God for my own inadequacies?

Tatsuya Ishida made a trifecta on what I needed (perhaps wanted) to hear this week. I find myself, maybe (a BIG maybe) en route to a Girl#3. It's these questions that I need to clarify with myself first before I go in head first to another (possible) awkward crash. Only time will tell whether these strips will ultimately fill me with courage, turn me into a bigger coward, or reveal to the world that I really, really love ideas.

[Side note: If you like the strips I featured on my post, go help Mr. Ishida make some money and regularly visit his site. It's not always safe for work, but hopefully your bosses aren't huge pricks.]

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

(March 06, 2007 9:08 AM)
ayos 'tong sinfest a! bagong website to check everday aside from CYS =)

hope mr. ishida's strips will fill you with courage, jing...btw, gusto mo set-up ka namin ng date? ;-) if you're interested, just let me know =D

Post a Comment | | Home

Name: Jin
Occupation:
Graphic Artist/Pirate
Geek Toys:
20" iMac Core Duo, PSP, iPod (3G), EOS350D
Special Attack(s):
La Serpiente Strike
El Gato Fist

Being the mindless drone of fashion that I am, I decided to jump on the Blogging bandwagon. This site contains all my rants and raves about current events, technology, video gaming, cinema and the occasional snippets of my own geek life. (Yeah, quite original, I know.)

Best viewed at 1024x768 on Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer 6 sucks donkey dick.








© 2006. All rights reserved.
Illustrations and Character Designs: Jin.

The Sims. © 2006. Electronic Arts, Inc.